Numerous university studies have shown that Oil of Oregano is a highly potent purifier that provides many benefits for human health. It is a natural substance that is extracted from wild oregano plants, and two key compounds found in it are carvacrol and thymol. Studies have shown that both of these compounds have significant effects on harmful micro-organisms that cause many illnesses in humans.
Oil of Oregano used in medicine is not the same oregano that is used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano is typically Origanum Marjoram, while Oil of Oregano is derived from Origanum Vulgare.
Oil of Oregano can be purchased as either a liquid or as capsules/tablets. In both forms, it is important to verify that the oil is derived from the proper potent oregano plant, and that the carvacrol concentration is at least 70%.
I have read that it kills many bacteria and infections that are antibiotic resistant. Certainly, use this potent antibiotic when you need to, but just because I have read it many places on the internet doesn’t mean it will always work the same way, and dosage was not provided.
It is also said to be anti-tumor and a cancer cure. This makes sense as many cancer cures are also candida and fungus killers like alkalizing diet, pau d’arco etc. Also, cancer loves sugar and so does fungus and candida.
Oil of Oregano is sold as a candida killer and I believe it is the most potent.
Killing microbes, bacterias, viruses, parasites and fungi is an essential element in recovering from any chronic condition. When the immune system is weak they proliferate, or actually cause the illness in the first place! see http://detoxthebodymcs.com/how-to-reduce-viruses-parasites-yeasts-microbes-and-bacteria-in-your-body-and-be-healthy/
What are the Benefits of Oil of Oregano?
The ancient Greeks were one of the first people to recognize this oil for its health benefits and medicinal qualities. It is known to be a potent antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic oil that can reduce pain and inflammation and effectively fight off infections.
Some of the specific benefits of Oil of Oregano are:
- Destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems.
- Kills candida
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Increasing joint and muscle flexibility.
- Improving respiratory health.
- Stop allergic reactions
- Kills germs, viruses and microbes.
- Used in Lyme and herpes virus treatment
How to use Oil of Oregano
I am convinced Oil of Oregano is one of the wonder supplements. I don’t take pills, so I get the drops and put it in water. I dont drink out of plastic and reuse my glass bottles, so I got into the habit of adding 3-5 drops to a Liter. Some brave souls use it under their tongues. It burns. Even in drinking water it can burn a bit. Not all of the brands have the same flavor or bite. When using on skin, dilute it with olive or coconut oil.
- There is some speculation on the possibility of Oil Of Oregano also killing good bacteria in the gut. I don’t think its good to take every day for long periods of time. I am sure a few drops are ok. I am taking probably 10 drops a day during the summer. Sometimes I go on candida,virus, microbe killing sprees and then back off. In general, I think its good to stop an start most supplements, and not take them every day for months, but especially the more potent which Oil of Oregano is. My acupuncturist says that you want the body and immune system to kick in and do the healing.
Which Brand is the Best?
- The price has a range and the most expensive brand, which claims to be the best, has the same amount of active ingredient as the cheaper brands. Also, it is OIL OF OREGANO with carvacrol . Not Oregano Oil or Essential Oil.